[SOLVED] How do I know which fan size is compatible with my case?

Nov 1, 2020
that's space for only one fan?
a single exhaust fan should be placed there.

considering that this fan will be handling quite a bit of air by itself;
i would go for a high airflow, high air pressure, high RPM fan.
like a Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM.
How much of a difference will that make in lighter gaming?
I get temps 78-84 in the Evil Within and Far Cry 4.
without also having proper cool air intake, it's hard to tell how much of a difference i will make.
boost the CPU & GPU's fans to 100% along with any new exhaust fan you add.
hopefully it would reduce temperature a bit.

if you're still using the stock CPU cooler;
upgrading that could also help to lower system-wide temps.

mikewinddale

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2016
To get more even more cooling, I suggest two more things (besides the Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM that JohnBonhamsGhost recommended):

(1) Replace the DVD drive with a 5.25" grill, like this one. That will create a place to intake air. I don't know how loud the fans are, so if they're too loud, remove them. Just installing the grill without fans should improve your airflow, simply by creating a grill where air can passively enter.

If you want to save some money, it's hard to find a 5.25" bay grill without a fan, but here is one.

(2) Install a PCI slot exhaust fan, like this one.

Your case has almost nowhere to intake air. So the goal should be to exhaust as much air as possible, and then to install a grill in the 5.25" bay so that the negative pressure (vacuum) created by all the exhaust will cause air to be drawn in through the grill.

In other words: if you can't use fans to force air in, then use as many fans as you can to force air out, and the vacuum will draw air in.

You can either buy an external USB DVD drive, or you can buy a SATA-USB adapter - like this one - to connect your current DVD drive to USB.

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
To get more even more cooling, I suggest two more things (besides the Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM that JohnBonhamsGhost recommended):

(1) Replace the DVD drive with a 5.25" grill, like this one. That will create a place to intake air. I don't know how loud the fans are, so if they're too loud, remove them. Just installing the grill without fans should improve your airflow, simply by creating a grill where air can passively enter.

If you want to save some money, it's hard to find a 5.25" bay grill without a fan, but here is one.

(2) Install a PCI slot exhaust fan, like this one.

Your case has almost nowhere to intake air. So the goal should be to exhaust as much air as possible, and then to install a grill in the 5.25" bay so that the negative pressure (vacuum) created by all the exhaust will cause air to be drawn in through the grill.

In other words: if you can't use fans to force air in, then use as many fans as you can to force air out, and the vacuum will draw air in.

You can either buy an external USB DVD drive, or you can buy a SATA-USB adapter - like this one - to connect your current DVD drive to USB.
That is a truly better idea with the vacuum.