Question How do I lower the bass on the Samsung S95B OLED TV?

Netsurfer733

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
I live in an apartment complex, and I got to get the bass down on this TV. Its low rumbling sounds are easily felt and heard through walls, so our neighbors can't be happy with it so I need to keep the volume way down in general right now, lower than I used to have to on my old TV. It would be best if I could alter this from within game mode as well, since we play our games in that mode. But from within Game Mode, it seems I can't do anything with the settings that are really helping it.

Does anyone have any magic for this? Or would it really just require getting an external soundbar or something?

I live in an apartment complex, and I got to get the bass down on this TV. Its low rumbling sounds are easily felt and heard through walls, so our neighbors can't be happy with it so I need to keep the volume way down in general right now, lower than I used to have to on my old TV. It would be best if I could alter this from within game mode as well, since we play our games in that mode. But from within Game Mode, it seems I can't do anything with the settings that are really helping it.

Does anyone have any magic for this? Or would it really just require getting an external soundbar or something?
Refer to page 125 of the E-manual; as the Configuring Advanced Sound Settings section indicates, the Equalizer settings are not available in Adaptive Sound, Game or Amplify modes. So you would need to avoid those modes to use the built in equalizer. You may have to resort to an external sound bar if you do not wish to give up Game Mode.

Netsurfer733

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
Awesome thanks very much for that insight, I suppose I will have to go for the soundbar then. I tried messing with the Equalizer like you said, reducing the three lowest frequencies but it still reverberated through our walls in an overly powerful way.

In looking at soundbars, I'm mindful of these logitech speakers I have which has controls for on/off, volume, and a knob for bass. The latter has greatly assisted my ability to control how minimally my bass makes any sound whatsoever on my PC. Does anyone know of any soundbars that have an external bass knob that is more reliable than an Equalizer? (or am I also missing something about equalizers...)

Awesome thanks very much for that insight, I suppose I will have to go for the soundbar then. I tried messing with the Equalizer like you said, reducing the three lowest frequencies but it still reverberated through our walls in an overly powerful way.

In looking at soundbars, I'm mindful of these logitech speakers I have which has controls for on/off, volume, and a knob for bass. The latter has greatly assisted my ability to control how minimally my bass makes any sound whatsoever on my PC. Does anyone know of any soundbars that have an external bass knob that is more reliable than an Equalizer? (or am I also missing something about equalizers...)
You could use the free Audacity sound software; record a portion of your gameplay; then use the Analyze, Plot Spectrum feature to examine your sounds. You'll see a peak in the lower part of the spectrum where your booming sounds are (142Hz on my current playback screen) and you can adjust your equalizer to reduce those. Does your TVs equalizer cut off everything lower than 150 or 200Hz; that might help. Otherwise headphones might be better.