[SOLVED] How do I make a dual monitor setup?

Jun 3, 2020
I am thinking about buying 2x 144hz monitors but each one only has 1x hdmi and 1x display port 1.2 and I was wondering how am I going to conect them to be a double monitor setup and how am I going to connect my ps4 to one of them.

Solution
So should I connect a DP1.2 to the graphics card into the main monitor and the ps4 with hdmi to other monitor but how do I connect both monitors together for when I use only my pc? And should I buy an hdmi extension to connect both monitors and ps4?
Most newer GPUs have native support for multi monitors. Simply connect a DP to each monitor.
Edit: Oh, and be sure to turn on the 144Hz option on the monitors. Most are set to 60Hz by default.
Jun 3, 2020
Which graphics card is installed in your PC?

Connect your PS4 via HDMI or HDMI to DP adapter.
PS4 doesn´t support 144Hz, it will only use 60Hz

Which exact monitors do you wanna get? brand and model please

Since I live in Europe I am thinking about buying the monitors from a Spanish Company called Ozone and the model is DSP24Pro

Jun 3, 2020
only DP1.2 will be compatible to 144Hz, HDMI will get you 120Hz max.
So should I connect a DP1.2 to the graphics card into the main monitor and the ps4 with hdmi to other monitor but how do I connect both monitors together for when I use only my pc? And should I buy an hdmi extension to connect both monitors and ps4?

Jun 3, 2020
Most newer GPUs have native support for multi monitors. Simply connect a DP to each monitor.
Edit: Oh, and be sure to turn on the 144Hz option on the monitors. Most are set to 60Hz by default.

Reactions: Emcolabcom
Solution
Jun 3, 2020
It is a rtx 2070 super
The RTX 2070 Super supports up to 4 monitors out of the box. Simply connect the monitors to the GPU then go into the display settings in Windows to configure the monitors. You can set each to work as an independent desktop or have the desktop span from one to the other. I'm not 100% certain regarding the PS4 hookup though. I read through the so called manual for the monitor and it isn't clear if you can switch between HDMI and Displayport input or if you have to disconnect one to use the other.

Reactions: helpstar
I'm not 100% certain regarding the PS4 hookup though. I read through the so called manual for the monitor and it isn't clear if you can switch between HDMI and Displayport input or if you have to disconnect one to use the other.
The source can be switched within the menu of the monitor
25.jpg

https://www.geeknetic.es/Review/1667/Review-Monitor-Ozone-DSP24-Pro.html