How do I make fixdat files ?

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

I'm new to this stuff and I'm trying to update my Mame .81 to .95...

Someone said it is a better chance to get roms if I post a fixdat file.
The problem is that I don't know how to do this...

I would gladly RTFM if I could find it in a FAQ... ;-)

/Bamse
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Bamse wrote:
> I'm new to this stuff and I'm trying to update my Mame .81 to .95...
>
> Someone said it is a better chance to get roms if I post a fixdat file.
> The problem is that I don't know how to do this...
>
> I would gladly RTFM if I could find it in a FAQ... ;-)
>
> /Bamse
You can create them using clrMAME pro. After scanning your roms, it
will display a list of the missing files and give you the option to save
it as a fixdat. (Right click on the list it shows you)



--
Super Mike
"Mi asno querría un enano y un yate, por favor."
[My donkey would like a midget and a yacht, please.]
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Anti_Freak_Machine wrote:
> Bamse wrote:
>
>> I'm new to this stuff and I'm trying to update my Mame .81 to .95...
>>
>> Someone said it is a better chance to get roms if I post a fixdat file.
>> The problem is that I don't know how to do this...
>>
>> I would gladly RTFM if I could find it in a FAQ... ;-)
>>
>> /Bamse
>
> You can create them using clrMAME pro. After scanning your roms, it
> will display a list of the missing files and give you the option to save
> it as a fixdat. (Right click on the list it shows you)
>
OK, I got it, thanks...

/Bamse
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Anti_Freak_Machine wrote:
> Bamse wrote:
>
>> I'm new to this stuff and I'm trying to update my Mame .81 to .95...
>>
>> Someone said it is a better chance to get roms if I post a fixdat file.
>> The problem is that I don't know how to do this...
>>
>> I would gladly RTFM if I could find it in a FAQ... ;-)
>>
>> /Bamse
>
> You can create them using clrMAME pro. After scanning your roms, it
> will display a list of the missing files and give you the option to save
> it as a fixdat. (Right click on the list it shows you)
>

OK, I got the Fixdat file... ;-)

I guess I just post it in alt.binaries.emulators.mame and if I'm lucky
the roms will pop up ???
Or will there be another kind of .dat file or .fix file posted ???

And let's say I find a fixdat file in alt.binaries.emulators.mame, how
do I know which roms to post ???

Is there a FAQ for this ???
If, not, maybe I should put one together... ;-)

/Bamse
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:17:36 GMT, Bamse <Bamse@Lille.Skutt.i.baken>
wrote:

>OK, I got the Fixdat file... ;-)

>I guess I just post it in alt.binaries.emulators.mame and if I'm lucky
>the roms will pop up ???
>Or will there be another kind of .dat file or .fix file posted ???

Yes...if you are lucky someone will be kind enough to post the roms
for you.
They will be only the roms you need so do not over write your existing
rom sets.

Use ClrMame's rebulider
Have the folder where the roms you have downloaded as the source
Have your Mame roms folder as the destination.


>And let's say I find a fixdat file in alt.binaries.emulators.mame, how
>do I know which roms to post ???

Load the fix dat into ClrMame
Then using the rebuilder have you roms folder as the source
and an empty folder somewhere else as the destination.
Run the rebuilder and it will just copy the needed roms over into the
empty folder.
Then you can upload these for whoever's fix dat it was.

>Is there a FAQ for this ???
>If, not, maybe I should put one together... ;-)

Read the docs and check out the Tutorial over at
http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/


>/Bamse
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

> And let's say I find a fixdat file in alt.binaries.emulators.mame, how
> do I know which roms to post ???

Well...you load the fixdat in ClrMamePro and rebuild your collection
with it. It will only pickup the needed files and after that you post
the created files.