How do i make my Alienware x51 running cooler and quieter?

SquiDi7

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Iam getting the Alienware x51 and ive heard that it easily is overheating.
Some tips to run it cooler and quiter? :)

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
If you haven't bought it yet... I suggest you look at other PC's first.
There are some awesome PC's you can build yourself, with getting double the performance for the same amount of money. Don't jump into gaming with an Alienware because they seem cool and fast, because you can build your own, very easy, and get better performance for less money.

Also, it's very hard to upgrade cooling in the X51 because it's such a small case, it doesn't fit any aftermarket coolers..

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Well, if you already have it..
There isn't much room for normal CPU coolers, so it would probably only fit the smaller low profile fans.
If you would replace your current CPu cooler by a slightly bigger one, you would have to lose the plastic cover that directs the air to the back.. To compensate that, you could install 40mm (or whatever fits) fans into the back raster that pulls the hot air out... however, I have no idea of your stuffed PC has any room left to connect these fans to

soorya_lover_boii

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
HEY ASK A USER BEFORE U TALK SHIT ABT THE ALIENWARE X51 -_-

I AM PROUD TO OWN A ALIENWARE X51 ITS VERY QUIET AND PEACEFUL U ONLY HEAR THE FANS WHILE GAMING WHICH IS A COMMON THING ALIEWARE X51 IS DESIGNED FOR BEST AND GOOD AIRFLOW DESPITE THE SMALL SIZE AND USE UR ALIENWARE HORIZONTALLY NOT VERTICALLY :D IT WILL HELP...

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Haha I got my Dell XPS 17 that way too. He gets a regular 17% discount. He gets an extra 10% on one purchase at xmas time. He gets bonus 5% performance based discounts throughout the year. Then there are coupons. Then there's an extra 3% for financing(12 months same as cash), and of course, free shipping!

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
I've been really happy with my XPS, but yeah I would never pay full price for one. Mine was $2000 before all the discounts. I did get the fastest i7 available, 16GB RAM, and pretty much all of the maximum upgrades. My only complaint is it has 3 USB ports but they're all on the same back left corner.

Timothy Healy

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014

I have the R2, came with a 645 w/ 1gb, 8gb ram, 4th Gen i7 4770. I put in a reference GTX 760 with the 330w psu and I have had ZERO issues with it. I have not had a single problem with my X51. I play most games at High or Ultra settings. I'm playing Titanfall on High right now with V/sync and 16x AA and I'm getting a solid 60 FPS. I love my Alienware, first computer I ever bought that wasn't a piece of crap in 6 monthes.

Warleech

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
i got X51 R2 GTX760TI GPU 8GB ram its awesome and if you cant buy it dont say ITS CRAP i had home built PC which it had shit load of problems and please dont tell me home built PC are perfect i do PC gaming 10 years now so please dont even try to say Alineware or OriginPC are shit cuz they are 150$ more.

Warleech

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

Dell offer discount for everyone i got discount 200 pounds so please ......

Warleech

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

They dont overheat Never, and people who built X51 are Pro not kids 21 years old they are people of dell top tech company in the world, people who cant afford alineware will make up lies. i got one and i play Titanfall ultra, BF4 Ultra, NFD rivals Ultra and with all games Stable FPS Caped to 60FPS. Never had heating problem and never had any problem, and once i wanted my wifi to be changed Dell came to my house next day morning and changed it for FREE. and for your information my wifi was perfectly working i just tasted them :D.