[SOLVED] How do I make my conection right?

Jul 31, 2020
Hi! I have a question, and an issue.

1. I want to make sure if the connection that i've made in my home is the right (because i have 1 modem, and 2 routers, and all of them have different IP's)

I have the modem that take the coaxial cable (is a Hitron CGNV2) and i connected it to a router, to get better WiFi (its a TP Link wr820n), with the Wan port. So I use the Hitron as a signal reciver, and the TP Link to get better wifi, and it has the ethernet to a desktop pc. Then i make a WiFi repeater with another router (TP Link wr841n).

It is that correct? There's any place where I can find some tutorial or guide to ensure that my connection is good? Because all three devices have differents ip's, and i dont know if them are in the same network.

2. I want to make the Hitron modem, only to recieve the signal (by the coaxial cable), so i switched off the wifi. But once a day, it swichtes on automatically, and i don't know why.

Thanks!

Its my frist post, and i dont know too much about this.

Solution

1. I want to make sure if the connection that i've made in my home is the right (because i have 1 modem, and 2 routers, and all of them have different IP's)

I have the modem that take the coaxial cable (is a Hitron CGNV2) and i connected it to a router, to get better WiFi (its a TP Link wr820n), with the Wan port. So I use the Hitron as a signal reciver, and the TP Link to get better wifi, and it has the ethernet to a desktop pc. Then i make a WiFi repeater with another router (TP Link wr841n).

It is that correct? There's any place where I can find some tutorial or guide to ensure that my connection is good? Because all three devices have differents ip's, and i dont know if them are in the...

kanewolf

Titan

It is that correct? There's any place where I can find some tutorial or guide to ensure that my connection is good? Because all three devices have differents ip's, and i dont know if them are in the same network.

2. I want to make the Hitron modem, only to recieve the signal (by the coaxial cable), so i switched off the wifi. But once a day, it swichtes on automatically, and i don't know why.

Thanks!

Its my frist post, and i dont know too much about this.
OK -- First, your "modem" is actually a router. It has multiple LAN connections and WIFI.
I would recommend you check your ISP website for modem only devices they support and switch hardware if you don't like the way the Hitron is behaving.

Reactions: gianpanza
Solution

TRENDING THREADS