Question How do i make my GPU use 100% ??

WildCard999

Titan
Open world games such as AC: Origins utilize the CPU much more then a linear game so it's not surprising to see such a high usage. Go into the task manager and make sure only necessary programs are running (nothing extra like Discord, Web, Netflix, etc). Then, just to make sure, I would do a full scan with Windows Defender & Malwarebytes (Free).

To increase your GPU usage you'll want to increase the graphic settings and if that doesn't get it near 100% then use AMD's VSR (virtual super resolution) which will increase the resolution of the game then scale it back to your native resolution. This will make the game look a bit better. Note that this will increase your GPU usage but may not give you smooth FPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: NightHawkRMX

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
Open world games such as AC: Origins utilize the CPU much more then a linear game so it's not surprising to see such a high usage. Go into the task manager and make sure only necessary programs are running (nothing extra like Discord, Web, Netflix, etc). Then, just to make sure, I would do a full scan with Windows Defender & Malwarebytes (Free).

To increase your GPU usage you'll want to increase the graphic settings and if that doesn't get it near 100% then use AMD's VSR (virtual super resolution) which will increase the resolution of the game then scale it back to your native resolution. This will make the game look a bit better. Note that this will increase your GPU usage but probably won't give you smooth or even playable FPS.
low, medium, high, ultra, ultra high, are all the same FPS 30-30 the card is suppose to get 60+ FPS on High, thanks tho i'll try AMD'S VSR

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
im playing the game on High, there's really no difference i made it ultra, low, ultra high and it's the same FPS, im playing it on 1366x720
Your GPU will always be less pushed on that resolution as the 580 is best suited for 1080p gaming.
So your CPU will always throttle at that point. So upping resolution will utilise the GPU more.
But your CPU will likely still be a weaker point.

Reactions: WildCard999
It really boils down to the fact that your graphics card may meet/exceed recommended system requirements for said game. However your processor doesn't therefore graphics card cannot be utilized to full potential. Then you have to factor in recommended system requirements will place your graphics card under full load but because your processor doesn't meet recommended system requirements (it only passes for minimum system requirements/maybe not even that) so when your dial back settings to meet the minimum system requirements for processing, the graphics card is then underutilized. Your system/hardware has to be well balanced for the game you want to play, to at lease meet recommended system requirements. That is a requirement lol.

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
It really boils down to the fact that your graphics card may meet/exceed recommended system requirements for said game. However your processor doesn't therefore graphics card cannot be utilized to full potential. Then you have to factor in recommended system requirements will place your graphics card under full load but because your processor doesn't meet recommended system requirements (it only passes for minimum system requirements/maybe not even that) so when your dial back settings to meet the minimum system requirements for processing, the graphics card is then underutilized. Your system/hardware has to be well balanced for the game you want to play, to at lease meet recommended system requirements. That is a requirement lol.
in short, what cpu should i get.....pls pick a cheap one i just bought that gpu

TRENDING THREADS