Question How do i make my new memory to work with old

Jun 19, 2019
Hi i just bought a new memory and when i install it pc starts fine but after some time i get a BSOD with some memory error msg. Also CPU-Z says that memory now runs at 800 mhz insted of standard 1600 mhz. I am running 2x 4gb DDR 1600 from Kingstone mhz on Asrock 990 Fx Extream 3 Motherboard. Down in the picture is my old memory (there is 2 on MB) and under it is one stick of new, I noticed that voltage is different so i am wondering is that the issue and can it be fixed in BIOS somehow? Thanks in advance for your help!

Ge7djMS.jpg

First check, if you can run your pc on new ram module alone. Check it in all ram slots. This will show, if there are problems with the module or any ram slot.

Next - to increase chances of them running together, you can:
lower dram frequency - to 1333mhz,​
increase dram voltage to 1.65v (don't go past this value).​
BTW - CPU-Z showing 800mhz, means your ram is running at 1600mhz effective clock
(double data rate means 2 data transfers per clock).

Jun 19, 2019
memory works fine on all slots, tryed it alone and as far as i can tell i dont get any BSOD errors when they work separatly. I've put some imgs from BIOS that show the differences in BIOS, so maybe i need to change something in there (new memory is in slot 3 now coz i would need to remove CPU cooler to get to first port), plus when all of the memory is loaded the windows say in basic information: Installed memory 12 gb, usable 7,96 gb.
P.S i noticed that old memory runs on 1.65v but the new one says 1.5v. so should i set voltage to 1.5 or 1.6 i am confused.

Second picture is the new memory and the last one is the old one, numbers are the same for both old memory slots.

aZAFu6F.jpg

LonVRhv.jpg
hpJdUsx.jpg

TRENDING THREADS