Question How do i make my ssd my primary boot drive and move my OS onto it? for gaming

Feb 16, 2019
Hello, I recently bought and installed a new 120gb SSD into my system in hopes everything would run faster. I have a MSI 76023 mobo and i entered bios and made all 4 boot drives my SSD, now the system reboots and proceeds to make 2 beeps and turns on normally with all of my data still on it seemingly form my old HDD. how would i make it my primary boot so it can boot fresh and clean? ive watched vid tutorials but its still weird to me how i put ssd as my primary boot sequance yet its still using files from my hdd because it has al my old settings on my main OS? any help! running windows 10 btw. i have the windows 8 disk that came with my pc.

Feb 16, 2019
Unplug all your other drives, and install windows on the SSD, then plug in all the other drives and set the SSD as the primary drive.
Its trying to boot from an empty drive.
so unplug my hdd then reboot my system? if i wanted too use my hdd for storage and put like a game or two on my ssd how would i do that?

Basically, you unplug them before you install windows so you know its going to the right drive.
Once your have windows installed you plug them back in (while the system is off) and you can use them as storage drives.
You can change the default install directory for your steam etc in the settings, and on a per game basis.

Reactions: Littlenub20z
Feb 16, 2019
Basically, you unplug them before you install windows so you know its going to the right drive.
Once your have windows installed you plug them back in (while the system is off) and you can use them as storage drives.
You can change the default install directory for your steam etc in the settings, and on a per game basis.
So i got windows on my ssd now, but its windows 8. Do i have to re install all my drivers and update to win 10 all over again?