[SOLVED] How do I mirror to my projector???

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I have been able to mirror to my projector with my seven year old android phone, but my wife and kids have apple devices and we haven't been able to mirror from their phones (a 6 and two 12's I think) or macbook air to the projector yet. What do I use to do this? Can I get it to work through my firecube? Someone suggested we buy a roku 4k+, but I don't really want to add another streaming device since the firecube works great (I don't know much about the roku 4k+ device and how it sets up or works admittedly).

Thanks for any help.

What I am really trying to accomplish is to project my fantasy football draft onto my projector for our live draft. I just want to mirror my macbook air screen onto the projector for everyone to see and interact with.

Solution
So by adapters that probably means buying and adding a Roku 4k+ as someone else suggested then.
For the MacBook Air a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to connect your MacBook Air to an HDMI port on the projector or TV.

For the iPhones a Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect your iPhones to an HDMI port on the projector or TV.

What is the epson app? That sounds worth looking into.
Epson iProjection app is available for Android, Apple iOS and Windows PC.
I have use it with an iPad (5th gen), Android devices and Windows 10.

I don't know if the app supports the Epson 5050ub projector.

By the way, the wireless USB module on my projector is removable.
Check if your projector has a USB port (it could be hidden...
So by adapters that probably means buying and adding a Roku 4k+ as someone else suggested then.
For the MacBook Air a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to connect your MacBook Air to an HDMI port on the projector or TV.

For the iPhones a Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect your iPhones to an HDMI port on the projector or TV.

What is the epson app? That sounds worth looking into.
Epson iProjection app is available for Android, Apple iOS and Windows PC.
I have use it with an iPad (5th gen), Android devices and Windows 10.

I don't know if the app supports the Epson 5050ub projector.

By the way, the wireless USB module on my projector is removable.
Check if your projector has a USB port (it could be hidden under a cover with a screw) that supports a wireless USB module.
You could just get the wireless module and if the Epson iProjection app is compatible, that will be all you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: axlrose
Solution