How do i motherboard

Tostos04

Commendable
Mar 19, 2017
■ how do i find out what mother board i have in my laptop if its welded to my cpu and gpu and if i am looking to replace it what possible to replace even if all i keep is shell and screen ?....

Solution
Laptop mobos are proprietary so it has doesn't matter what model they give it. The same laptop series will usually use the same form factor so if there are other models with different specs, then those could work. It may need a new power brick if they use more power. Changing the cpu is usually not worth the hassle. There is no way to know what the bios is compatible with it unless, again, other models had different specs. You can look up the cpu model and see if it's bga which means soldered. The gpu is going to be soldered on unless this is a $1k+ gaming or workstation laptop.
Laptop mobos are proprietary so it has doesn't matter what model they give it. The same laptop series will usually use the same form factor so if there are other models with different specs, then those could work. It may need a new power brick if they use more power. Changing the cpu is usually not worth the hassle. There is no way to know what the bios is compatible with it unless, again, other models had different specs. You can look up the cpu model and see if it's bga which means soldered. The gpu is going to be soldered on unless this is a $1k+ gaming or workstation laptop.

Solution