How do I mount an AIO cooler in my specific case? (PM01)

eamon butler

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Ok so my case is a Silverstone PM01 and in the top of the case is a spot for a water cooler. I had a normal air cooled system in this case for a while and I just bought an AIO (specifically corsair H100i v2) and I tried putting the radiator in the top section but noticed there was nowhere to put the big fat tube, it's all just honeycomb meshing. Am I meant to cut into it? I tried just putting the radiator inside and putting the fans up there for a pull configuration but the connector for the fans doesn't fit through the holes into the case (there are a few long holes that is for putting the screws through, the cable might be able to fit if I trimmed the plastic on the connector but I shouldn't have to do that).

So if there something I'm missing or am I meant to cut into my case?

I had a coolermaster hafx I think the 932, and to get the watercooler to fit in that I had to have it on a slight down angle. It was either that or cut the case. If you don't want to mod the case, you can wedge that baby in there, get what screws you can into it, and be happy. Upgraded to a Phanteks Enthoo Pro and haven't looked back, course, even that case is now modded... That's neither here nor there. Ya. Either a smaller radiator, mod the case, or just have it wonkey, or upgrade the case, also, ask on here first before you buy your case of choice just to make sure that will fit it. Sometimes they say they have room for "X" radiator, and only some of "X" radiators will actually fit cause of tubing and such...

eamon butler

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

OK so the fit is fine, the case just has no solutions for the tubing or wires. I ended up just breaking two of the honeycombing mesh so I could get the fan connectors through and mounted the radiator inside the main case compartment.