Question how do i move windows 10 to another drive without losing data on either drive

Jan 26, 2020
i recently installed windows on a secondary partition on my ssd (it was the only workaround i could find to not lose data) and im trying to figure out how to move the entire contents of that partition back onto the main partition of the ssd, i cant find anything on google that isnt a scam program on some sketchy website or a program i have to pay 30 dollars for, is there any way built into windows i can use to do this? or at-least a trust-able free program?

Honestly, there is no way to do this, period. Not based on your (confusing) description of what you are trying to do.

I think you need to clarify the situation better.

How many actual PHYSICAL drives are involved? How many partitions are there on EACH drive, and WHAT is on each of those partitions?

Is there something on the Windows partition that you can't replace or reinstall?

What are the raw sizes of each drive? Not each partition, each drive. And "C:" is not a drive, it is a partition. The device the "C:" parititon is ON, is a drive. Just to be clear.

Jan 26, 2020
its one drive, i made a second partition on said drive which i installed windows on, the other partition is just storage, what im trying to do is move windows (all of the data on the second partition) to the first partition.

edit: i have enough space on the drive

Yeah, there's no way to do that. You either need Windows to be on a partition with enough free space to move all the data on your other partition TO, or you need another drive to temporarily offload some files to.

There is no way I know of to move the contents of the C: partition to that other partition, and it still be functional. It would completely bork up your boot manager and EFI partitions. Every link in the registry would also likely be broken.