How do i open a cpu fan that has no removable gummy part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strooplul

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
So I' ve got this CPU fan (everflow, DC 12V, 0.40APM. The fan got really noisy lately so i decided to clean it and lub it but it has no removable protection on the back to separate the fan from its base. I was wondering if there is a way around that.

Solution
No you shouldn't have to lube a PC fan. Cleaning it out helps but you best bet is getting an after market fan. I've never even heard of ever cool so I'm guessing it's unknow brand for a reason. That reason being they probably don't make good lasting products. Look for a cooler master 212 Evo. It's relatively cheap and works like a charm. If you ever wanna replace the fan on your current or future cooler then go for nauctua or be quiet! those are good reliable brands. Best of luck!

PleaseReheat

Commendable
May 19, 2016
No you shouldn't have to lube a PC fan. Cleaning it out helps but you best bet is getting an after market fan. I've never even heard of ever cool so I'm guessing it's unknow brand for a reason. That reason being they probably don't make good lasting products. Look for a cooler master 212 Evo. It's relatively cheap and works like a charm. If you ever wanna replace the fan on your current or future cooler then go for nauctua or be quiet! those are good reliable brands. Best of luck!

Solution

ehmkec

Reputable
Aug 31, 2017
If you have access to an 80-100psi air compressor with a manual hose valve, use it to manually rotate the fan as fast as possible. It will scream at you as you drive it faster than it has ever gone. Sometimes the 'tick' will be gone. This is equivalent to throwing it on the ground real hard and crossing fingers at the same time. Good luck.

May 19, 2020
I have the same problem and i can't find any solution to this, so i think i had nothing to lose if i break a broken fan i tried to pull the fan and it popped out nicely. I don't know if this will work for yours too. Don't lube it with oil lube it with grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.