How do I optimize my graphic displays?

Reputable
Mar 27, 2015
Recently upgraded to Win10 pro 64bit. I have an ASUS HD7770-1GD5 video card running both a 26in HD wide monitor as well as a 17in square non HD monitor. Duplicating the screen content on both is what I need. Somehow I had this working great in Win 7, but I must have something set wrong, as the content on both monitors now is indeed the same, but the square screen displays in landscape mode which makes it difficult to see. The clarity of the wide screen monitor is much less than optimal as well. Can someone direct me to the correct settings for this type of setup? I have the widescreen connected via HDMI cable and the older square LCD monitor is connected from the DVI output to a VGA adapter for the monitor. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Solution

ruthlessminer

Reputable
Oct 9, 2014
Sounds like your resolution got mixed up during the switch. You should just be able to use your start bar to search for resolution and then use that to adjust your preferences from there.

You CANNOT duplicate screens if they have different resolutions. For duplication to work without image degradation, you must use the exact same screen resolution.

In this case, you need to set both monitor resolutions to that of your lower quality monitor (17" one) and disable screen scaling on the widescreen one(read the manual)

Solution