How do I overclock Corsair vengeance ddr4 2666mhz ram?

Bentheball1

Reputable
Nov 28, 2016
I have this ram here and i was wondering how I can overclock it. i've watched videos where they say that timings and latency are import but i really don't understand that stuff. I have a ryzen 3 1200 overclocked @3.8ghz and a b350 tomahawk if that matters. i want to overclock my ram to about 3000mhz if that is possible. i tried to overclock ram before using a video but when i tried to restart my pc it took around 4 posts before booting so i reset the ram settings. it worried me so that is why i am asking here. thanks

Solution
Overclocking RAM is to know your Bios. It does involve changing Primary Timings and Voltage. It is not always successful as DIMMs are binned after manufacture into their best achievable SPD.

During POST your Bios will determine the best most stable config for your RAM. There is XMP for Intel and D.O.C.P for AMD which are pre configured profiles. If a profile is not set in Bios then training occurs and thats why your system reboots sometimes several times and Not always set for best performance but for best stability.

There are many tutorials that can help teach you the concepts of Overclocking your RAM and Google is your friend. Only Overclock in Bios and not from any Windows software.

Best is to try and achieve the RAMs rated speed...
Overclocking RAM is to know your Bios. It does involve changing Primary Timings and Voltage. It is not always successful as DIMMs are binned after manufacture into their best achievable SPD.

During POST your Bios will determine the best most stable config for your RAM. There is XMP for Intel and D.O.C.P for AMD which are pre configured profiles. If a profile is not set in Bios then training occurs and thats why your system reboots sometimes several times and Not always set for best performance but for best stability.

There are many tutorials that can help teach you the concepts of Overclocking your RAM and Google is your friend. Only Overclock in Bios and not from any Windows software.

Best is to try and achieve the RAMs rated speed that is known to work with the MB and listed on the QVL.

Solution