how do i override my system and install windows xp pro with only the oem product key

Jan 12, 2014
i have a windows xp pro oem product key

I want to completely erase my system (windows 7) and install the windows xp

or

how is it possible to reformat my computer to it's original settings with no disk

Solution
You need either an XP install disk and a valid activation key, or the restore partition that existed on the HDD when you bought it, or the DVDs you were supposed to create not long after you bought it.

But XP? Just don't.
XP has less than 3 months of safe life left. April 8, it goes completely off support. No security patches, no upgrades...nada

USAFRet

Titan
You need either an XP install disk and a valid activation key, or the restore partition that existed on the HDD when you bought it, or the DVDs you were supposed to create not long after you bought it.

But XP? Just don't.
XP has less than 3 months of safe life left. April 8, it goes completely off support. No security patches, no upgrades...nada

Solution

Foxmate5

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
Not only that, if your going that far back, you probably can't find drivers for your various components. Many people forget that new products may not have drivers for your components. Check before you jump.