Question how do I PERMANENTLY delete data off my drive(s)

Slivka

Prominent
Apr 1, 2019
So I have a few things I want to get rid of (child p0rn, 30k classified emails, Flight logs of a certain plane to a certain private island, etc.) and have moved them to the recycle bin and cleared the recycle bin. I only now have found out that when the bin is cleared the data is still on my disk until the space is filled up with new data. How do I remove this data? Will downloading enough things to completely fill the drive get rid of it? If I format the drive will it clear it as well? I don’t want any recovery software to have access to it. THANKS ahead of time

So I have a few things I want to get rid of (child p0rn, 30k classified emails, Flight logs of a certain plane to a certain private island, etc.) and have moved them to the recycle bin and cleared the recycle bin. I only now have found out that when the bin is cleared the data is still on my disk until the space is filled up with new data. How do I remove this data? Will downloading enough things to completely fill the drive get rid of it? If I format the drive will it clear it as well? I don’t want any recovery software to have access to it. THANKS ahead of time

CCleaner's Tools has a Free Space Overwrite function, allowing it to be overwriten with one pass, or, the paranoid can waste time with 3,7, or even 35 passes to maximize wasted time expended on accelerating drive or SSD wear...... :)

tomsmith23

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
File eraser tools are the one which can easily wipe data from the drive without damaging it physically. If you wish to recycle your drive then it is suggested to go with the file eraser tool rather than going with physical destruction.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS