[SOLVED] how do I PERMANENTLY delete data off my drive(s)

Slivka

Reputable
Apr 1, 2019
So I have a few things I want to get rid of (child p0rn, 30k classified emails, Flight logs of a certain plane to a certain private island, etc.) and have moved them to the recycle bin and cleared the recycle bin. I only now have found out that when the bin is cleared the data is still on my disk until the space is filled up with new data. How do I remove this data? Will downloading enough things to completely fill the drive get rid of it? If I format the drive will it clear it as well? I don’t want any recovery software to have access to it. THANKS ahead of time

So I have a few things I want to get rid of (child p0rn, 30k classified emails, Flight logs of a certain plane to a certain private island, etc.) and have moved them to the recycle bin and cleared the recycle bin. I only now have found out that when the bin is cleared the data is still on my disk until the space is filled up with new data. How do I remove this data? Will downloading enough things to completely fill the drive get rid of it? If I format the drive will it clear it as well? I don’t want any recovery software to have access to it. THANKS ahead of time

Solution