[SOLVED] How do I port forward while Im tethering wifi from a phone?

Nov 9, 2020
I have a pc and its connected by a power line adapter to my router

I port forwarded and I host a server for my friends

But my power line broke and now I have to usb tether internet from my phone that connected to the router

I tried to port forward again but it doesn't work because i'm using my phone

Does anyone know a work around?

Solution
At first I though you were using mobile broadband since that is what most people call tethered. In that case you generally don't have a public IP.

The short answer is tethering was never designed to be used as a router so it does not have the port forwarding feature.

There really is no way to fix this unless maybe there is some app that can do it. I doubt it since it would likely need root access.

I assume this is short term while you get another powerline unit? Otherwise a USB wifi adapter is not real expensive. Avoid those tiny $5 ones those they are crap get one that comes with a USB cable already.
At first I though you were using mobile broadband since that is what most people call tethered. In that case you generally don't have a public IP.

The short answer is tethering was never designed to be used as a router so it does not have the port forwarding feature.

There really is no way to fix this unless maybe there is some app that can do it. I doubt it since it would likely need root access.

I assume this is short term while you get another powerline unit? Otherwise a USB wifi adapter is not real expensive. Avoid those tiny $5 ones those they are crap get one that comes with a USB cable already.

Solution
Nov 9, 2020

Yea your right I should just wait for my powerline to be fixed thanks!