[SOLVED] How do I position the PSU?

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
I am in the process of building a Gaming PC. I am seeing a potential problem with the PSU. It is suggested to have the fan exhaust air through the top of the case. The only problem with this location is that it can't be done because of the position of the GPU on the motherboard. If you put the PSU on the bottom of the case you have to flip over the PSU to exhaust the air out the bottom opening of the case.
Can the power supply be put on the bottom back location of the case and have the fan blow upwards into the case? The case has 2 input fans in the front and one exhaust fan in the back. Here is the build.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SC Ultra Gaming GDDR6, 04G-P4-1257-KR, 4GB GDDR6, Dual Fan
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
Seasonic Focus GX-750, 750W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular, Fan Control in Fanless, Silent, and Cooling Mode
Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
LIAN LI LANCOOL II MESH PEROFRMANCE BLACK Tempered Glass ATX Case -Black Color –
LANCOOL II MESH PEFORMANCE-X
Windows 10 - 64 Bit – Home

Thanks in advance

Solution
I am in the process of building a Gaming PC. I am seeing a potential problem with the PSU. It is suggested to have the fan exhaust air through the top of the case. The only problem with this location is that it can't be done because of the position of the GPU on the motherboard. If you put the PSU on the bottom of the case you have to flip over the PSU to exhaust the air out the bottom opening of the case.
Can the power supply be put on the bottom back location of the case and have the fan blow upwards into the case? The case has 2 input fans in the front and one exhaust fan in the back. Here is the build.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SC Ultra Gaming GDDR6, 04G-P4-1257-KR, 4GB GDDR6, Dual Fan
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x...

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
Seasonic Focus GX-750, 750W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular, Fan Control in Fanless, Silent, and Cooling Mode
Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
LIAN LI LANCOOL II MESH PEROFRMANCE BLACK Tempered Glass ATX Case -Black Color –
LANCOOL II MESH PEFORMANCE-X
Windows 10 - 64 Bit – Home

Thanks in advance
The fan on the PSU is for air intake, not exhaust. The exhaust comes out the back of the PSU where the cord and switch are. It mounts at the bottom of the case with the fan facing down toward all the little holes in the bottom of the case. It pulls air in through the holes in the bottom of the case.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS