Question How do I put my hard drive in my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
Hello. I have an HP Elitebook 2740p. It came without a hard drive, so I had to buy one and put it in myself. The thing is, I have no idea how to put the hard drive in. I am trying to find information on youtube, microsoft, and HP's website, but nothing. The drive is 1.8 inches. Can someone tell me how to put it in? Even if it's not the exact model, please, I need help

Hello. I have an HP Elitebook 2740p. It came without a hard drive, so I had to buy one and put it in myself. The thing is, I have no idea how to put the hard drive in. I am trying to find information on youtube, microsoft, and HP's website, but nothing. The drive is 1.8 inches. Can someone tell me how to put it in? Even if it's not the exact model, please, I need help
Do you have the additional parts required? You need an interface adapter for the pins and the rubber surround for the drive. Without those you're not installing anything. You can see them in picture #3 of the last step in the above linked instructions.

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
So, I'm guessing the majority of the people who will read this, and reply will be moderators, and most of the active ones already know I have an HP Elitebook 2740p. (By the way, yes, I did end up getting windows installed onto my PC; windows 10.) So, I have a problem. I installed the drive (With the adapter) And I know I plugged it in the right way, but when I go to install windows, it doesn't show a drive. I go to diagnostics in the bios, and select the hard drive test, and gives me the error, "No disk installed". Does anyone know why? Is there something I'm missing?

USAFRet

Titan
So, I'm guessing the majority of the people who will read this, and reply will be moderators, and most of the active ones already know I have an HP Elitebook 2740p. (By the way, yes, I did end up getting windows installed onto my PC; windows 10.) So, I have a problem. I installed the drive (With the adapter) And I know I plugged it in the right way, but when I go to install windows, it doesn't show a drive. I go to diagnostics in the bios, and select the hard drive test, and gives me the error, "No disk installed". Does anyone know why? Is there something I'm missing?
One end or the other of the connecting cable is not fully seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.