How do i raise my HDD score in windows experience index?

dragonslayyed11

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
My score
CPU: 7.1
Ram: 5.9
Graphics: 7.3
Gaming Graphics: 7.3
Primary HDD: 5.9

My question is how do i raise my Hard drive score from 5.9? do i have to buy a Solid State Drive? BTW my hard drive is a Seagate 320GB not sure of the model number or anything. I always loved the index scoring thing because i loved showing it off lol. Thanks in advance :)

Solution
With a HDD you can't really increase the rating of that score. Switching your OS to a SSD will increase the rating and the overall speed of the system.

However, I wouldn't put too much stock in the WEI score. It really isn't a good measure or performance. Also, your RAM is slow. Raising the HDD score will not address that issue.

What are the specs for this system? 5.9 for memory seems quite low. The HDD rating is normal for a system actually using a HDD.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
With a HDD you can't really increase the rating of that score. Switching your OS to a SSD will increase the rating and the overall speed of the system.

However, I wouldn't put too much stock in the WEI score. It really isn't a good measure or performance. Also, your RAM is slow. Raising the HDD score will not address that issue.

What are the specs for this system? 5.9 for memory seems quite low. The HDD rating is normal for a system actually using a HDD.

Solution

dragonslayyed11

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014

Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz
4GB GeiL 1066Mhz
GTX 550Ti 1GB Asus Edition

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Agreed. Time to save for a new rig. Don't spend money on this system for marginal gains.

There is nothing you can really do with this rig to achieve higher levels of performance with modern games (per your other threads). Even adding a SSD to this system (that you could use in a new system afterward) will not overcome the slow memory and old CPU and memory limitations.

for start, the windows index is near pointless, no point bragging about it.
and by the look of it, you have other components that need updating before you go worrying about HDD speed.
As others have said, CPU, RAM, GPU are much more important, particularly for gaming.