[SOLVED] How do I re-enable my integrated GPU?

Mar 23, 2022
Greetings all. I made a bit of a miscalculation, causing an issue with my machine. Yesterday I was trying to find a way to disable Intergrated Graphics card, (so as to force my gaming GPU would be used instead, since other options weren't working) and was looking around Device Manager in Windiws 10 pro. I saw a device titled Intel HD Graphics 3000, and so I disabled it...my screen instantly turns black. So, I'm completely stumped and my PC is bricked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all, I'm advance for taking the time to read this, and hopefully help.

Solution
Normally (on a desktop pc) iGPU gets disabled automatically with discrete GPU installed.
Then iGPU working would mean, there is some problem with discrete GPU (or otherwise iGPU would be disabled).

OP - try to boot into safe mode.
Mar 23, 2022
What pc? Can you list specs of your system?
Or is it a laptop? What model?

It's a tower. It's a build. These are the specs as per where I bought it:

-3.30GHz Intel Core i5 2500K CPU (4C/4T)
-GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
-GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard

Software:
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Yup, powering off a few times during boot up will get you into safe mode.
Does your system show any bios when powering on?
Getting into bios should make it possible to switch to your GPU.
If you have a second monitor or a tv hook up both the igpu/motherboard and the gpu at the same time to see if there is any display on either one at any time.

Reactions: MacLaine
Mar 23, 2022
I finally just did the full discharge and popped the battery out of the motherboard for a few minutes, and that worked. Now everything is working. GPU included.

Thank you all for your time and help.