How do I reconstruct a raid 10?

Fubar1

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
I was attempting to install a USB 3.0 card reader to my system using the front 3.0 connection on the mother board. I inadvertantly disconnected one of the drives in my RAID 10 array without realizing it. I fired up the system, got a brief message about the array being Critical then Windows 7 booted up as normal. I have since reconnected the drive but it is no longer part of the array and shows as an unassigned single drive. At this point, there is no lost data and I do have full backup on an external drive but am looking for an easy way to re-assign the drive to the originaly RAID 10 array if possible.
Is this possible or should I just make sure of my backup and just start over?

Gigabyte GA990XA-UD3
4X Western digital SATA600 500gb drives in what was/is RAID 10
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Fubar1

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Well, that is what I ended up doing. I created a fresh windows image on my 3.0 drive and a second copy on a removable drive. Recreated a new LD and backed up from a rescue disk and the backup image. Took about half an hour total and everything is everything once again. Only problem I ran into was the restore not wanting to see the USB 3.0 external drive. No problem with the removable drive which is running off the onboard SATA. I suppose if I had done a full install I could have then restored off the external drive.
I have since tossed the crap card reader and installed a Rosewell 3.0 USB reader from Newegg. Works like a charm.