[SOLVED] How do I reduce PC power consumption on UPS?

BlazeBubble

Commendable
May 20, 2019
Hi,
Unfortunately where I live there are random power cuts that happen on rare occasions and last for a couple of minutes which used to shut my PC down instantly when it happens. I'm a very competitive person, so about 3 months ago I used some of my savings to buy a UPS that is powerful enough to keep my PC up and running for just enough to finish my competitive match (8-15 minutes). My issue was solved and I didn’t DC from a match for long time until I was unfortunate enough to have power go down just when the match started. To make matters worse, power did not come back soon enough and my PC ended up shutting down mid-game. I’m trying to figure out what settings do I have to tweak for the game and for the PC itself in order to extend the duration my UPS can keep my PC alive and to ensure I can keep playing for a whole match in worst case scenarios like the one mentioned above.

Thanks in advance!

Some of my PC components:
CPU: i7 9700k
RAM: 8 * 4
GPU: RTX 2060 super
Power Supply: gigabyte 650w
Monitor: LED 27 AOC
UPS: 1k

Solution
Gigabyte is the brand and 650W is the wattage, what is the model for the PSU? You should also state the make and model of your motherboard as well as the rams. In all likelihood, you would either need to ramp up the UPS's battery capacity(meaning buy a new UPS) or you will need to cut down on any overclocks(and even undervolt).

Lutfij

Titan
Gigabyte is the brand and 650W is the wattage, what is the model for the PSU? You should also state the make and model of your motherboard as well as the rams. In all likelihood, you would either need to ramp up the UPS's battery capacity(meaning buy a new UPS) or you will need to cut down on any overclocks(and even undervolt).

Solution

BlazeBubble

Commendable
May 20, 2019
Thanks for the response, Regarding the PSU, I'm not sure where to find that model, but I believe it's this one https://www.gigabyte.com/Power-Supply/Power-Supply#kf
As for the motherboard, I'm using an Asus Prime Z390-P and RAM brand is Corsair. I unfortunately don't have the boxes anymore to pull most of the info.