Question How do I regulate the speed of my fans when the motherboard does not support it?

grejon

Commendable
Jan 21, 2021
There's no way to regulate speeds in the BIOS. I have tried using several programs like speedfan and fan control but neither of them were able to detect my fans. Is there any other programs out there that might be able to detect the fans and regulate them?

grejon

Commendable
Jan 21, 2021
Motherboard is a medion B560H6-EM, it's a custom one from a Medion prebuilt.
The fans I'm not sure, they're from arctic that's all I know.

I don't believe there's any tool that can modify the speed of fans connected to the motherboard, since I believe they relegated that to the board's system management mode. This was possibly done for safety and security reasons. e.g., malware in the OS can't touch the fans, so they can't do something like turn the fans off and cause either damage or the system to shut down due to overheating.

If you can't set their behavior in UEFI, then you have to get some third party controller.

With additional hardware--an add-on PC fan speed controller. You can adjust them for any speed at any temperature you like, and some of them even have external controls for mounting in a 5.25" bay.

You probably can't expect a computer from Aldi to include such features stock (although I have to say that many actual Lenovos do have Quiet, Standard and Turbo settings), but at least they can be added to any computer

grejon

Commendable
Jan 21, 2021
With additional hardware--an add-on PC fan speed controller. You can adjust them for any speed at any temperature you like, and some of them even have external controls for mounting in a 5.25" bay.

You probably can't expect a computer from Aldi to include such features stock (although I have to say that many actual Lenovos do have Quiet, Standard and Turbo settings), but at least they can be added to any computer
Are you talking about something like this?

How do you connect it to the fans?