Question How do I reinstall Android 6?

C_T_W

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
Not that important really. Just curious. I have an old Lenovo Yoga tab 3 that some apps have stopped working. I assumed the tablet was just getting old. One day an app stopped and I got a message saying that some of my system libraries were broken. the OS needs repair. I'm thinking along the lines of formatting a hard drive and reinstalling windows procedure. But how do you do that with Android? or, how do you repair a Broken Android OS? I know, Just go buy a new tablet. I have. I just want to fix the old one to say I did it.

Thanks for any response.......

AndrewJohn

BANNED
Nov 30, 2020
If you already had Android 6 in the tab, you can restore the tab to factory settings and this would most probably return you the original settings. However, I don't think any old Android device can go a step back to its old Android support because it is kind of a permanent change in the device. You can try it out after taking a backup of all the data in the device.

C_T_W

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
To be correct, it's just hard to do this, it's not a permanent change.

Thanks everyone for the help. I factory reset twice. all that really does is reset everything except Android 6.0.1 Then it's the process of setting up like I just bought a new tablet. After setup the problem is still there. eventually something stops and say there are Broken System Libraries. Malentine is correct. It's hard to do this. It's not like a windows registry issue.

C_T_W

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
In Android world, that's called "Reset to factory defaults". For a lot of Android devices, one can also install alternate firmwares, where you have "Boot Manager", and are able to (re)install firmwares. Check XDA site for your particular tablet.

I solved it by Buying a New Tablet. LOL..... this old dinosaur android 6 tablet isn't worth the trouble.