How do I reinstall SLI on my dell 720 xps

swordfish1030

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I recently removed my 8800 gtx cards (2) and cleaned them.( simply used air and blew the dust out of them ) I reintalled them one at a time
and booted the system. Now I am getting a code 10 error on one of them. I tried to uninstall the one with the code 10 error using hardware
uninstall option. My system reboots and windows xp identifies the video card ok and reinstalls it but it still gets a code 10 error
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I reinstalled the latest drivers from the nvidia site and still have the problem.

Origionally the 2 8800 gtx cards were run in SLI and worked properly.

Both cards are installed in the MOBO properly, hooked up properly and nothing has changed otherwise....
Yet I get this code 10 error. what am I missing/forgetting??

Please and thank you in advance.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
I don't know this particular Dell model but I have an sli rig ( 2 X 9800 GTs) that once a problem like yours. I fixed it by not letting Windows install the drivers. After I uninstall in device manager, the system will boot and WIndows will prompt for the install. I cancel this and go right to the NVidia setup file.

If I were in you shoes I would have re formatted and re installed the OS a while back (fdisking to remove the Dell partition) but if you don't have that option then it may be time to get on the phone to Dell.

swordfish1030

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I did 3 different restore points, because I heard that windows updates have been causing problems like these..Nothing.. I guess my card is just dead