Question How do I remove a Network Location, Windows 7? [SOLVED]

justMK

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015
Hello, I used to remotely log into a client's network. Their IT person set it up on my PC, but now I don't know how to remove them. Unfortunately a simple right-click delete option isn't available. Note this is not a wireless network, it's two Network Locations. I'm using Windows 7 Professional. Here is a screenshot: screenshot

Thank you for any help.

* EDIT - [ SOLVED ] *

Thanks for the replies. Found the solution that worked by a user named Justin Pearce:
https://superuser.com/questions/416295/unable-to-delete-a-network-drive-in-windows-7

Open the Start menu and enter regedit into the Search box and press enter. In the left side panel, locate the following key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2]
Under this key there will be several entries. You will be looking for entries that look like: ##SERVER#FOLDER (Where ##SERVER#FOLDER = \\Server\Folder)
Delete the offending entries and reboot.
Disclaimer:
Be careful editing the registry in this way. Manually editing the registry can cause system cause system instability is done inproperly. I take no responsibility for damage done to your system as a result of this answer. You have been warned.

Last edited: