Question How do I remove herofherlittle.com virus

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I got this virus on my computer that I haven't been able to get rid of. I tried Ccleaner, resetting my chrome browser and I still get this annoying little cmd prompt window that pops up all the time now. It hasn't taken me to any bad sites or anything, just the cmd prompt and it gets long before I can close out of it. Is there a way that I can get this purged from my system without buying expensive Anti-Virus software?

That name doesn't seems familiar to any search engines online, maybe it's a complete new one.

It hasn't taken me to any bad sites or anything, just the cmd prompt and it gets long before I can close out of it.
Of course, but despite not visually blowing up your computer it doesn't means it cannot:
  • Grab every user credidentials (i.e. username and psw) for all services you use (and especially those paid for).
  • Can take control of every service you log into (given the above)
  • Use this to later extort you for money - i.e. you must pay money to get your accounts back again (maybe)
  • Dig for crypto currency (i.e. the thieves are making smooth and easy money by doing nothing while your (or your family) electricity bill takes a leap upwards.
  • set up a server that abuse your computer to
    • Send spam email around
    • use your computer as part of a ddos attack
    • a boot used to hack or spread malware (next time a hospital have problems with cryptovirus attack, your computer may have contributed to this)
So that is - even if you in person doesn't feel bad consequences directly, it does not mean it doesn't harm other people around.

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
check event viewer or task scheduler? ***Not sure what I would be looking for here.

ccleaner for virus? ***Not sure what you mean. I used Ccleaner to hopefully clean the virus off my PC, but it didn't work.

take a screenshot of this cmd, upload to imgur.com and post the link here
Here is the image of what it looks like. While I've been saving this image, the lines of code keep growing. Always the same command though. View: http://i.imgur.com/271LNg5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
What is Ccleaner good for then? Anything.

I don't download random stuff from the internet. I got this from one of my reputable sites that i've been using for years. They just happened to get infected as well. There working on it too.

USAFRet

Titan
I tried Ccleaner, resetting my chrome browser and I still get this annoying little cmd prompt window that pops up all the time now. It hasn't taken me to any bad sites or anything, just the cmd prompt and it gets long before I can close out of it.
Right about there is when I'd be doing either a full restore from a backup made before this happened, or a full wipe and reinstall.