How do I remove monitor info from Win 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deymond

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
After setting up dual displays with my tv connected through a VGA port and my monitor connected through DVI, Windows 7 now recognizes that I have a dual monitor setup even when the tv is off and the VGA cable has been disconnected.

What can I do to remove *all* the monitor information from Windows 7? I have updated drivers and rolled back drivers and this hasn't helped.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Solution
right click on the desktop and go to screen resolution-> click on the display that was the 2nd(may need to use identify to make sure you dont disable your primary)-> where it says multiple displays click the down arrow and choose disconnect this display. Then the system will no longer try to use the 2nd display until you go back and enable it.

bignastyid

Titan
right click on the desktop and go to screen resolution-> click on the display that was the 2nd(may need to use identify to make sure you dont disable your primary)-> where it says multiple displays click the down arrow and choose disconnect this display. Then the system will no longer try to use the 2nd display until you go back and enable it.

Solution

deymond

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011

Tried that, but it didn't work. It removed the model number of my tv from the Screen Resolution window, but Windows retains the multiple display setup.

deymond

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011

Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS