[SOLVED] How do I remove the old windows 10?``

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I got two installations of windows 10 on my PC. One is in an MBR harddrive, which I want to remove. The other one is on an GPT SSD that I am currently using.
The HDD has only one partition, and it has all of my useful files including the old windows. The windows is MBR so it doesn't show up in MS Config, since UEFI cannot run on MBR windows.

How do I delete those files? It shows me "You need permission from trusted installer to make changes to this folder" when I try to delete it.

I cannot backup the important files for the moment, so the formatting is not possible Rn.
Also, the old windows files didn't go to a folder named as "Windows.old", like it used to before. its still in windows folder.

Solution
just take ownership of that windows folder, set owner to well anybody
right click windows folder -> properties -> security -> advanced -> owner thrusted installer change -> advanced -> find now -> everyone -> ok -> ok -> replace owner on subcontainers -> ok
now you should be able to delete it with administrator account
just take ownership of that windows folder, set owner to well anybody
right click windows folder -> properties -> security -> advanced -> owner thrusted installer change -> advanced -> find now -> everyone -> ok -> ok -> replace owner on subcontainers -> ok
now you should be able to delete it with administrator account

Solution
Now it says "You need permission from everyone to make changes to this folder."
i guess looking at windows from its point of view, it should rather be telling you that no valid administrator exists, well its not unfixable
right click windows folder -> properties -> security -> advanced -> add -> select principal -> advanced -> find now -> everyone -> ok
here check type = allow, applies to = this folder, subfolder and files and check mark full control
then ok,
check mark replace all child object permission entries blah blah... -> ok
well that should do some magic :)