How do i remove write-protection from my sd usb flash drive

First, if it's an SD or other flash memory card (from a digital camera, for example) then make sure it's write-protect switch is set to allow writes:

image001_tcm24-521578.jpg

If that doesn't solve the problem, then check to make sure that writing to USB devices isn't disabled in the Registry.
See: http://www.ghacks.net/2011/03/18/how-to-enable-write-protection-of-usb-devices-under-windows/

If, on the other hand, you have a flash device that does not have a write-protect tab (many do not) and it is showing as write protected, something bad happened to it.

That tab may be missing because it was built without one. There are a heck of a lot of threads out here about spuriously write-protected flash. If this is your case, some members recommend reformatting it. I personally recommend copying all the files off it and then putting it through a shredder; I wouldn't trust it.

Edit: Sminlal, you are so much more optimistic today than I am.

JOHN_86

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
SIR I AM VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY.................................. THANKFUL TO U ! AM TRY TO REMOVE THE WRITE PROTECTION ON MY USB 2.0 BUT I AM NOT SUCCESS ! BUT WHEN I CHECKED THE NOTICE ON YOUR SITE THAT THERE SHOULD BE THE LOCK ON THE MEMORY CARD THAN I OPEN IT AND COPIES THE FILE ON MY HARD DISK WHAT I SEE THAT I AM SUCCEED OOO SIR I TRY IT FROM MOARNING BUT I SUCCESSFUL IN EVENING ! AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR !