Apr 4, 2021
Hey guys so I have a HP tp01-0145m desktop and want to upgrade the psu in order to add a gpu. The only issue is that I read that the psu is proprietary. Are there any work arounds that I can do in order to replace it with a psu with more power? And lastly which psu would you recommend? This is the psu it currently has.

Last edited:
Solution

Choose from tier 1 or 2. A good psu will have a good long warranty

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019

Reactions: MarioV17
Solution
Apr 4, 2021

Awesome, thanks!

Hey guys so I have a HP tp01-0145m desktop and want to upgrade the psu in order to add a gpu. The only issue is that I read that the psu is proprietary. Are there any work arounds that I can do in order to replace it with a psu with more power? And lastly which psu would you recommend? This is the psu it currently has.
I read the parts list your system has. It's not worth the time, trouble and money to attempt an upgrade. Everything in that system needs to be upgraded. Use it for what it's worth or get rid of it.

Reading the specs you posted, it says that the pcie x16 slot is occupied.
What is installed there?
The 3200g processor should be using integrated graphics.

I really think you are stuck.

The motherboard is proprietary and will not use standard ATX power supply connectors.
The case has minimal ventilation. A hot card will get no meaningful airflow.
Only one exhaust fan, and no intake that I can see.
Another problem will be how to connect the front panel to the case.
The front usb ports are exactly mated to the case.
Changing out the case will not work.

You could salvage the cpu, ram, drives and buy a new case,psu and motherboard.

I suspect that you would be better off to sell the whole package and build anew.
You can buy a stronger i3-10100, a lga1200 motherboard and 16gb of ddr4 ram for $250 or so.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i3-10100/15.html