How do I report of post?

Advice Pro

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
The third post in this thread by JackNaylorPE is some type of spam!

Also, I'm getting above the top right corner of a thread. does this mean that my posts are automatically being flagged?

Lastly, I couldn't find a way to search this category, I usually search before posting.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

Those two icons mean that you are setup to receive e-mail notifications and flag notifications (in the forums) for that post. You can toggle that setting by clicking on either one of the images. The x will then disappear.

As of now, there is no way to do a category specific search. I believe some users have developed a workaround. Hopefully one of them will answer this thread :)

Thanks,
Justin

tecmo34

Administrator

Report.jpg

Click on the "Report" button in the line with the user's name... (see picture above :D )

randomizer

Champion

Just click on the email notification button when it has no X. You can't flag a post you haven't responded to, although it will get an automatic red flag to show that you've read it. Instead of flagging it you can add it as a "favourite" or "bookmark" (the heart button) and it will show when you click on the "Show my favourite topics" button on the forum home page.

That thread is from 2007, when the forum used a different URL (forumz.tomhardware.com). Those old links no longer work.