Question How do I reset a PC and get it ready for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudoJudo

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
Im trying to reset a PC I built, its asking me cloud download or local reinstall i click local than it got stuck at 31% saying their was a problem with resetting. But the other thing is do I need to have a flashdrive with windows on it connected to PC when resetting it. Because im not sure when resetting the PC would I need to reinstall windows or would it delete everything but keep windows on the drive?

AudoJudo

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
Easy peasy. Just download one of the many Ubuntu distributions, put it on a USB stick then boot and install Ubuntu. Then sell the PC and let the new owner install whatever they want.

Im trying to give them windows 10. How do I reset the PC to the window Prompt like if you were to but a new computer at the store. Do I need to reinstall windows through Flashdrive or would windows stay on the drive after resetting it.

USAFRet

Titan
Im trying to give them windows 10. How do I reset the PC to the window Prompt like if you were to but a new computer at the store. Do I need to reinstall windows through Flashdrive or would windows stay on the drive after resetting it.
Before it gets to the part about asking for account information, stop the install process.

Also, you need to disassociate this specific system from your MS account.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...nt-selling-gifting-windows-10-device-xbox-one

AudoJudo

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
Before it gets to the part about asking for account information, stop the install process.

Also, you need to disassociate this specific system from your MS account.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...nt-selling-gifting-windows-10-device-xbox-one

Theres a M.2 and HDD I finished the build yesterday and installed windows and everything, I installed a game to benchmark than got what i need now i want reset it so that i can sale it.

But the the thing is what does resetting me like it gives me two options either local or cloud I know cloud is online but Local says Download and reinstall windows on this device " WHAT DEVICE?" The PC drive or flashdrive. Do i need to have windows media on flashdrive connceted to computer while resetting it with the option LOCAL

AudoJudo

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
Theres a M.2 and HDD I finished the build yesterday and installed windows and everything, I installed a game to benchmark than got what i need now i want reset it so that i can sale it.

But the the thing is what does resetting me like it gives me two options either local or cloud I know cloud is online but Local says Download and reinstall windows on this device " WHAT DEVICE?" The PC drive or flashdrive. Do i need to have windows media on flashdrive connceted to computer while resetting it with the option LOCAL

I have a flashdrive with Windows creation tool on it and a windows key. If I need to reinstall windows through the flashdrive thats fine I know how to do that but my only concern with that is the HDD wont show until after the setup of windows

USAFRet

Titan
I have a flashdrive with Windows creation tool on it and a windows key. If I need to reinstall windows through the flashdrive thats fine I know how to do that but my only concern with that is the HDD wont show until after the setup of windows
You use the MediaCreation tool to actually build the USB to install with.
That MediaCretiontool.exe is not bootable on its own.

Have only ONE drive physically connected during the OS install.
Install other drives after.

Read and do this:

AudoJudo

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
You use the MediaCreation tool to actually build the USB to install with.
That MediaCretiontool.exe is not bootable on its own.

Have only ONE drive physically connected during the OS install.
Install other drives after.

Read and do this:

Yeah ik to install windows my problem is i dont know how reset the PC and choose which option do I choose cloud download or local, ik what cloud is but i dont know what local is. The description for local says Reinstall windows from this device and im trying to figure out "WHAT DEVICE"?

Status
Not open for further replies.