How do I reset disk permissions to default settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TYPICALHUMAN

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2016
Hi. A long time ago i decided to change my disk permissions so I could protect it from entering by other PC users. I don't need the protection anymore, and the reason i want to reverse changes is xbox game app wont let me install apps to this drive. I tried to use takeown and icacls commands in cmd to take ownership and reset permissions of the drive but I couldn't do that because I had no permissions to do so.

There is only one user in the "security" tab and and this is my account that i'm currently using (administrative account created by me (not built-in one), which is the owner too. Is anybody able to help me? Thank you.

ScnwFmv.png

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Per Forum Rules we are unable to assist with problems involving passwords, permissions, and security.

Bear in mind that there is no way from this end to know the full truth of matter.

You need someone with the applicable admin rights to make changes to your permissions. And if you are that person/someone then your existing admin rights should be sufficient to make the changes.

If you have lost or forgotten your passwords and are unable to change your permissions then about all you can do to recover is a clean windows installation.

Closing thread accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.