How do I reset my WIN8 computer to factory settings with CMD?

Chadders101

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
Hello everyone!

My computer is absolutley screwed and I would like to reset it. Completly and utterly.

I only have access to the start-up repair, and therefore command prompt. I have tried all possible deviations of all possible options in the menus provided and they have all circled back to the start-up repair. Apparently my WIN8 disc is invalid or whatever, either way I can't use it and I don't know why. The only options I can see are to buy a new hard drive and install WIN on that which would be rather expensive, or to try and find a command chain in CMD which resets my computer to factory settings.

I have a rather powerful computer. Some parts are two years old, some are two weeks old. This problem originated when I was using Skype and a game called "firefall" and my computer blue-screened and I got the error "critical_process_died". Now, when I try to start my computer, I get the error " 0XC000021A" which I believe means a startup error.

So, is there a command prompt which resets my computer completely? Or will I have to buy some new hardware?

Chadders101

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015

I bought the windows 8 disc two years ago to install onto my computer with no existing OS. It worked fine with no noticible problems when I first used it so I just thought everything was fine. I bought the disc off of Amazon.

I don't know why it is considered invalid media now and I don't know how to fix it.

I would love to supply more information to fix this problem. Also, that's for the speeds response.

Chadders101

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015

Nothing happens. My computer pretends that the disc does not exist and tries to boot up normally, which it can't do. Like I said, when I try to force it to recognise the disc, I am told that it is invalid media.