Question How do I restore My Cpu power settings to default factory? Cpu usage fluctuating and Fps drops. Temperatures Normal

Feb 22, 2019
i5-8250U Cpu 4C/8T upto 3.4Ghz.
I have ruled out thermal throttling as while gaming, my temps are quite normal, around 81-85 degrees. I am monitoring the cpu usage,temps, clock and power in which the usage drops for each core by a certain percentile and subsequent Frame rate drops are observed. Its not a game related problem, since it happens in all games. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to reset completely the Cpu power draw settings from the battery as I've already reset my Bios, done a clean install of Windows and also serviced up the motherboard as a techie paid a visit less than 2 weeks ago. Any leads would be helpful.
TIA

Tensus

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
From what I read, your experiencing thermal throttling 80c isnt great

A simple solution, although costly would be to buy a beefier cooler
If you don't to do that, you can under volt your CPU from BIOS
Need info on motherboard to go on

Feb 22, 2019
From what I read, your experiencing thermal throttling 80c isnt great

A simple solution, although costly would be to buy a beefier cooler
If you don't to do that, you can under volt your CPU from BIOS
Need info on motherboard to go on
Its an Asus laptop and I can't make any changes to the hardware since its under a warranty. Even the engineer is clueless why this is happening, hence I am desperate. And yes, this is simply not normal. My laptop was functioning perfectly until I installed XTU. I did something wrong there and the fps hitching is there ever since. This problem was last seen 4 months ago but I resolved it last time by doing something with Park Control. Can't remember what I did. I am sure that this is a power issue because, the CPU clock spikes up and usage % drops during the fps drops. Temperatures don't tell any thing much about this.