[SOLVED] how do i run 2 pc's from one cpu, with software like unraid but for free

Sep 14, 2019
i am looking to virtualize 2 pc's within a software similar to unraid so that i dont have to install an os and make virtual machines within it
It doesnt have to be high power

My Specs:
Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage Formula
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750 OC 3.5 Ghz
4gb g-skill ram
2 Gfx cards
#1: geforce gts250
#2 ati radeon hd 4350
Storage:
128gb Zheino ssd
320gb hdd
Power:
650 watt power supply
Sound Card:
Asus ROG Supreme FX-ll

Last edited:
Solution
Whatever you do, you can't do on ten-years old hardware... Yes, I know, that's all you have, but you just cant, in the same way your Honda can't fit another Honda inside.

USAFRet

Titan
i am looking to virtualize 2 pc's within a software such as unraid so that i dont have to install an os and make virtual machines within it
It doesnt have to be high power
Absolutely unclear of what you're trying to do.

Virtual Machines? No problem.
VMWare, VirtualBox, etc.
Install an OSas the guest, off you go.

Your host machine specs, however, are severaly lacking for such an endeavor.

But tell us what you're actually wanting to do.

Not really sure what is is you are asking....

Open Media Vault is a very low-resource storage OS based on Debian; you can tinker with it within Virtual Box...with but one storage drive, what is the point? Just attach a drive/some drives, and share it /them with others, little to be gained from running a storage OS virtualized when you can simply share the drive... (Either way, the host OS would need to be running....)

Sep 14, 2019
Not really sure what is is you are asking....

Open Media Vault is a very low-resource storage OS based on Debian; you can tinker with it within Virtual Box...with but one storage drive, what is the point? Just attach a drive/some drives, and share it /them with others, little to be gained from running a storage OS virtualized when you can simply share the drive... (Either way, the host OS would need to be running....)
i would just like to run to of the same basic os on my pc at once, like an older version of ubuntu, or some other flavor of linux