[SOLVED] How do I save data from an almost completely failing 4TB hard drive?

Apr 15, 2021
This is my first time on this forum, but it's because I really need help.
My 4TB relatively new HDD (Seagate Barracuda) has began failing on me! Recently it started making the system unable to boot once it was plugged in through SATA. To get past this issue I ran the system without it, went into BIOS and turned on "Hot Plug". I have started the system and connected it once the system is running like usual. Sometimes the HDD appears and seems fully functional, sometimes it doesn't appear at all! If I get into it and start copying files, it seems like it use full speed then it makes a lot of sectors bad, or I won't have access to them once I start a transfer of a big file. After that I can't access it at all. I have come to a point where the hard drive is barely recognized by the system anymore.
If anyone would guide me through how I can save it myself, using software or other methods?
Anything that can recover the files using as slow phase as possible, since it seems to not be able to handle stress.

I have A LOT of After Effects editing projects on it, also valuable things. So if I get help and succeeds, I will be truly thankful!

Solution
Okay yea. Noted... Except I haven't done that right now and I regret it, but there is something called data recovery, and the tech is super advanced nowadays. Found Stellar Data Recovery, what would you think about that? Because from what I noticed, all the files are there, they're just "corrupted" or I don't have access to them. In all honesty it doesn't seem impossible right now, so better try everything before it actually is impossible. My hard drive is gradually getting worse.
'data recovery' is not magic.

It does NOT always work, no matter what those websites tell you. Or try to sell you.

I've heard of 'Stellar'....never used them. And never would, because of their insanely intrusive spam practices.

Your best bet is a...
Apr 15, 2021
Start copying those files, one by one if necessary, to some other storage device.

There is no magic for a potentially failing drive.
Okay yea. Noted... Except I haven't done that right now and I regret it, but there is something called data recovery, and the tech is super advanced nowadays. Found Stellar Data Recovery, what would you think about that? Because from what I noticed, all the files are there, they're just "corrupted" or I don't have access to them. In all honesty it doesn't seem impossible right now, so better try everything before it actually is impossible. My hard drive is gradually getting worse.

USAFRet

Titan
'data recovery' is not magic.

It does NOT always work, no matter what those websites tell you. Or try to sell you.

I've heard of 'Stellar'....never used them. And never would, because of their insanely intrusive spam practices.

Your best bet is a forensic clone to another drive of sufficient size.
HDDSuperClone, or ddrescue.

After that, then you try to "recover" that data.
If this drive is failing, the more you mess with it, the less likely you are to get anything.

Solution