[SOLVED] How do I see if it's and ATX or Micro-ATX case?

Apr 6, 2020
Hi, I currently have G3-605 Acer predator PC. And i'm wondering if It's possible for me to upgrade it to I7 9th gen where I'm currently using I7 4th gen.
And how do I see if it's an ATX or Micro-ATX? If possible, can I have an answer and an explanation?

Here is the pictures of my motherboard, please ignore the dirtiness of it ._.

TIA to whoever who helped me! Much appreciated!! ❤

Solution
Do you have an store preferences? I'm all that familiar with hardware stores in Singapore and PCPartPicker just has Newegg with some extremely expensive shipping. But here's what I did there(hope you have some local places with better prices).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($307.52 @ Newegg Singapore)
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($201.42 @ Newegg Singapore)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($135.61 @ Newegg Singapore)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($159.43 @ Newegg Singapore)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX...

bignastyid

Titan
It's mATX but the PSU connections are proprietary. So for a 9th gen you are going to need atleast the cpu, motherboard, ram and a PSU. Might aswell spend a bit more and get a new case as that Acer case is horrid in terms of space and cooling.

Any specific reason you are sticking with Intel? You can get more bang for your buck with AMD right now.

Reactions: PokoPants
Apr 6, 2020
It's mATX but the PSU connections are proprietary. So for a 9th gen you are going to need atleast the cpu, motherboard, ram and a PSU. Might aswell spend a bit more and get a new case as that Acer case is horrid in terms of space and cooling.

Any specific reason you are sticking with Intel? You can get more bang for your buck with AMD right now.
There's no specific reasons, because I'm more familiar with Intel than ryzen. If ryzen is better how do I know which model is the best for it's price and have the same standard as I7 9th gen or so?

bignastyid

Titan
There's no specific reasons, because I'm more familiar with Intel than ryzen. If ryzen is better how do I know which model is the best for it's price and have the same standard as I7 9th gen or so?
How much you looking to spend? Where are you located(country is important as prices and availability vary widely). What GPU are you using? HDD/SSD? Do you want or need a 5.25" bay for an ODD(many new cases no longer have these, but they can still be found)?

Apr 6, 2020
How much you looking to spend? Where are you located(country is important as prices and availability vary widely). What GPU are you using? HDD/SSD? Do you want or need a 5.25" bay for an ODD(many new cases no longer have these, but they can still be found)?
I'm located in Singapore, roughly $1000? I don't need an ODD.
I'm using GTX 1070, Samsung EVO 860 SSD

bignastyid

Titan
Do you have an store preferences? I'm all that familiar with hardware stores in Singapore and PCPartPicker just has Newegg with some extremely expensive shipping. But here's what I did there(hope you have some local places with better prices).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($307.52 @ Newegg Singapore)
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($201.42 @ Newegg Singapore)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($135.61 @ Newegg Singapore)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($159.43 @ Newegg Singapore)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($206.69 @ Newegg Singapore)
Total: $1010.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-07 00:52 +08+0800

Solution