[SOLVED] How Do I Set Up A 24/7 Webcam?

spummerr

Prominent
Jan 5, 2020
I'd like to set up a outdoor webcam that broadcast 24/7. I have Windows 10. What do I need do to set it up? Would I need some kind of extra service company to run it thru? A dedicated computer? I'd like to use a wireless camera so I won't have to run any cables. All new to me. Advice appreciated. Thank You

Solution
I'd like to set up a outdoor webcam that broadcast 24/7. I have Windows 10. What do I need do to set it up? Would I need some kind of extra service company to run it thru? A dedicated computer? I'd like to use a wireless camera so I won't have to run any cables. All new to me. Advice appreciated. Thank You
A "wireless" camera still needs a wire for power.
I have a couple of Reolink PTZ. Runs from PoE....all it needs is the single ethernet cable.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016UCNP08

I have two, one front, one back.
At max resolution of 2560*1920 @30fps, a month of 24/7 for both consumes about 3TB drive space.

You can cause it to FTP, email, whatever.
If you don't have that camera yet - buy a product specifically made for that - outdoor WiFi camera. These cameras usually have webpage to watch the video, or conform to ONVIF starnard.

If you have off-the-shelf webcam like the one on a laptop - easiest way is to run Camera app on a PC, and provide remote access to that PC.

Reactions: nw_assassin

USAFRet

Titan
A "wireless" camera still needs a wire for power.
I have a couple of Reolink PTZ. Runs from PoE....all it needs is the single ethernet cable.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016UCNP08

I have two, one front, one back.
At max resolution of 2560*1920 @30fps, a month of 24/7 for both consumes about 3TB drive space.

You can cause it to FTP, email, whatever.

Solution