How do I start my computer if it won't go in safe mode by pressing F8 is there another way to fix it from bios?

Dragonbabe42

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
My computer crashed after I installed Java update now computer won't restart at all and when i press F8 it says boot failure insert system disk and press enter but cd rom won't work so I need another way to start safe mode to fix it

Solution
Reseat the hard-drive, go into the BIOS and make sure the hard drive is seen, check the boot order to see if the drive is listed there. Set it as the first device in the order and check it again. This is an error stating it can't find the hard drive, or the operating system on it at least which may be a drive failure, file system error, bad cable, bad port on the motherboard, several things.
Reseat the hard-drive, go into the BIOS and make sure the hard drive is seen, check the boot order to see if the drive is listed there. Set it as the first device in the order and check it again. This is an error stating it can't find the hard drive, or the operating system on it at least which may be a drive failure, file system error, bad cable, bad port on the motherboard, several things.

Solution