[SOLVED] How do I stop MS Edge from opening everytime I boot my PC?

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
I don't see it in startup. Its not the browser I have set as my default browser. I use Firefox. This just started happening after one of the latest W10 updates.

Solution
Download AutoRuns from Microsoft' SysInternals page, and check what is getting started and when. You might also want to check Task Scheduler, for a task running at startup.
Then perhaps the Import Browser Data setting is turned on. You could check the Edge Settings Profiles Import Browser Data option to see if that's Turned On and if its trying to import data from your Firefox setup each time you boot up. Or perhaps the Edge System and Performance Startup Boost setting is On. Last resort, you could try using the Edge Reset Settings function to try and eliminate the problem. Or maybe its not Edge but it could be Firefox is loading Edge looking to copy settings from it.

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
WAG....is it in task scheduler?
Just checked. The only thing there pertaining to Edge is the Edge Updater, and it's been there from the start. That usually happens in the background when Windows does "Updates". Besides, this happens immediatly upon boot up. Not enough time for Update to have run. And it is a random thing... sometimes it happens, sometimes not.