Question How do i stop my laptop cpu from reaching 95 degrees?

madefordotakeepout

Prominent
Oct 17, 2018
I have an acer predator helios 300 1050ti 4gb i5 8th gen 8 gb ram 128 gb ssd and every time i turn my laptop on and start playing any games or have more than 8 tabs on chrome open my temperature of cpu starts rising up gradually after 30 mins of stable temps and keeps rising to reach upto 90 and above temps and its not like its using 100% of the cpu power its barely even 20% usage. When i play games i get 60 fps for 15 minutes after which gradually temps rise and fps drops even if im at the lowest graphical settings. I have tried undervolting through intel XTU but nothing matters. At this point I have googled all the possible ways of fixing the issue and finally decided to write to you guys with hopes of some clarification of the real problem and solution to all of it. I just use it to browse and watch videos now and play no games since my fingers burn when i touch the keyboard on the left side(WASD).

May 17, 2020
I have an acer predator helios 300 1050ti 4gb i5 8th gen 8 gb ram 128 gb ssd and every time i turn my laptop on and start playing any games or have more than 8 tabs on chrome open my temperature of cpu starts rising up gradually after 30 mins of stable temps and keeps rising to reach upto 90 and above temps and its not like its using 100% of the cpu power its barely even 20% usage. When i play games i get 60 fps for 15 minutes after which gradually temps rise and fps drops even if im at the lowest graphical settings. I have tried undervolting through intel XTU but nothing matters. At this point I have googled all the possible ways of fixing the issue and finally decided to write to you guys with hopes of some clarification of the real problem and solution to all of it. I just use it to browse and watch videos now and play no games since my fingers burn when i touch the keyboard on the left side(WASD).

Well I had a similar problem.

Check this: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/asus-x412fj-cpu-temperature-reaches-100°c-when-charging.3607677/post-21825497

Also, make sure to disable backgrounds apps.

Last edited:
Make sure the laptop is clean and free of dust. Also it can help to replace the thermal paste. When undervolting did you use a monitoring tool to ensure the voltage was reduced? It’s possible the voltage reduction didn’t get applied even if you thought it was. Finally use the laptop on a flat smooth surface for maximum airflow, you can try propping up the back to increase airflow.