[SOLVED] How do i stop Windows 10 scheduled build update ?

LowEndPC1234

Prominent
Aug 5, 2020
So... i just installed Windows 10 Build 1511, But there's Scheduled Update to 1903, How do i stop it ? I want to stay on Build 1511

Solution
One thing that would speed PC a little is an ssd as boot and hdd as storage.
This one.
Upgrade to SSD and your pc will be by a magnitude faster in all disk i/o related operations.
Antivirus scans will finish faster,
windows updates will finish faster,
search indexing will finish faster,
system will seem much more responsive.

No modern system should be without an SSD.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Don't run 1511, its the 1st version of win 10, You are missing so many bug fixes.

We can't stop you trying but windows will keep wanting to update, you are running a non supported version. MIcrosoft only support the last 3 versions and with version 2010 due this month, you so far behind.

what are specs of the PC?

is it this one?
Spec :
Intel Pentium E5700
Samsung 4GB 1333mhz & V-Gen 2GB 1333mhz PC10600
MSI GT 710 1GB DDR3
ASUS P5G41TM-LX
WD Blue 500GB 7200 RPM

cause if so, that shouldn't be on win 10. Its not WIn 10 that is slow.

LowEndPC1234

Prominent
Aug 5, 2020
Yes, That is the Spec, But the MoBo was actually P5G41C, I really want to stay in this Build, I've used Windows 10 Build 10240 before, It was ok. Any solutions on how to stop the schedule ?

Last edited:

LowEndPC1234

Prominent
Aug 5, 2020
i really want to stay in this build, i do NOT want to downgrade windows and lost data, i do NOT want my PC to be sluggish. and i do NOT want the windows update, this makes me kinda mad doe. I hope there's solution to it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The problem is time. The time when you could run windows easily on a dual core CPU was about 10 years ago, since then the number of cores has exploded to point its silly now . Your PC is better suited to WIn 7, its not to say it won't run win 10 but not without a struggle

I had a Dual Core E6500 with Asus P5N32E sli motherboard. The furthest I updated it to was WIn 7. It didn't have any new drivers for any of the later versions of windows and I sort of knew it wasn't going to work well on them. I never contemplated running 10 on it and bought an all new PC for that purpose.

Expecting win 10 to run well on it is dreaming in a time when there are CPU with 12 or more cores available.

One thing that would speed PC a little is an ssd as boot and hdd as storage. It wouldn't be a miracle but once you used ssd its hard to go back.

Reactions: SteveRX4

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
I agree. Windows 7 is a good idea. I liked Windows 7 but it's no longer supported. That's why I changed to Windows 10. I'm on a better PC than I had when I had Windows 7 though.
Have you thought of trying Linux?

LowEndPC1234

Prominent
Aug 5, 2020
there's no way to stop the scheduled update ? i REALLY, REALLY want the update to stop, i am tired of getting slowness, and i don't want to downgrade and lose data again.

One thing that would speed PC a little is an ssd as boot and hdd as storage.
This one.
Upgrade to SSD and your pc will be by a magnitude faster in all disk i/o related operations.
Antivirus scans will finish faster,
windows updates will finish faster,
search indexing will finish faster,
system will seem much more responsive.

No modern system should be without an SSD.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
500gb WD Blue.

2 drives in better in many ways to one. makes reinstalling win 10 much easier if you have 2 drives as one can hold all your data while you reinstall win 10 on other. Also, if C dies you stand a chance of not losing everything.

get a 250gb ssd, anything smaller is also not worth it.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
You should also look at clearing out software that you don't need.
You can go through what is being loaded in Task Manager. And delete anything that starts with windows in Windows Startup.

Oh and make sure that the inside of your computer is clean and running cool.