[SOLVED] How do I swap SSDs of two laptops?

Lexakom

Reputable
May 8, 2016
I have 2 old laptops of the same model that were both upgraded with SSDs. The laptop I'm using right now has a better SSD but I want to change it because its trackpad is broken. How do I swap the SSDs between the two laptops? Like, I already have my files on my SSD, I just want to change the laptop itself. Do I just pull it out and plug it in the other laptop, since both SSDs already have data stored on them and I don't really need a transfer of files? Or do I need to do something else?

Solution
I have 2 old laptops of the same model that were both upgraded with SSDs. The laptop I'm using right now has a better SSD but I want to change it because its trackpad is broken. How do I swap the SSDs between the two laptops? Like, I already have my files on my SSD, I just want to change the laptop itself. Do I just pull it out and plug it in the other laptop, since both SSDs already have data stored on them and I don't really need a transfer of files? Or do I need to do something else?
If the drive has Windows on it, this may not work.

If they are identical (except for the broken trackpad, it will probably work.

USAFRet

Titan
If the drive has Windows on it, this may not work.

If they are identical (except for the broken trackpad, it will probably work.

Solution