[SOLVED] how do i tell if my keyboard is broken

Jul 7, 2019
i recently spilled moutain dew on my hyperx alloy elite rgb. how badly am i [language]? the bottom row of keys (zxcvbnm) all don't work. 10 minutes ago it just started randomly pressing a bunch of buttons. i only had it for 3 days. is there anyway i can fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Don't you know that is the DVD rom that is supposed to be used as cofee/can/soft drink holder, not the keyboard ? 😋

Now - you may be lucky to sort of get it sorted out if you rinse the keyboard in hot and clean water. The damage is already done. But it have to be done imediately after the spill, because soft drinks tend to settle over time - like glue or paint - and hence make it harder or impossible to make rid of the suggar (or whatever stuff that soft drink is composed of) so that it operates normal.

Best thing to do is probably to buy a new keyboard anyway, espechially if you cannot efford the keyboard to fail under importing gaming sessions.
Don't you know that is the DVD rom that is supposed to be used as cofee/can/soft drink holder, not the keyboard ? 😋

Now - you may be lucky to sort of get it sorted out if you rinse the keyboard in hot and clean water. The damage is already done. But it have to be done imediately after the spill, because soft drinks tend to settle over time - like glue or paint - and hence make it harder or impossible to make rid of the suggar (or whatever stuff that soft drink is composed of) so that it operates normal.

Best thing to do is probably to buy a new keyboard anyway, espechially if you cannot efford the keyboard to fail under importing gaming sessions.

Solution
As stated above you can try and clean it by completely disassembling it and cleaning it with warm water then rinsing it with some isopropyl alcohol to remove any residue left.

However in case of spills of any kind on electronics the first thing should be turning off the power to the device/computer. If there was a eltrical short the damage is done.